POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 generator: strange error! : Re: mesh2 generator: strange error! Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:50:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 generator: strange error!
From: jr
Date: 9 Jul 2020 11:20:00
Message: <web.5f07357a2c1569004d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> On 09.07.20 15:52, jr wrote:
>
> > tried to have a look, the mesh data appears to parse ok, however, am struggling
> > with the dimensions and trying to get the camera set up.  it would help if you
> > could post a small scene file that just includes that tile and displays it.
>
> Okay, here it is!

cheers.

> > ... I see no terrain relief, but only ocean...

same here.  I inserted, after line 211, a line which simply subtracts from the Y
axis of 'Cam_oceanfloorpos', going from -2.5 to -2.6 the view changes.

no real idea, to be honest.  (had thought about height_fields, their adjustable
water_level  :-))  and absolutely no idea why you see the EOF error message, the
code looks kosher.

regards, jr.