POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to rotate an arbitrary object by a vector? : How to rotate an arbitrary object by a vector? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 07:06:51 EDT (-0400)
  How to rotate an arbitrary object by a vector?
From: Kima
Date: 6 Jun 2020 08:05:00
Message: <web.5edb8551fe498ce0ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
Consider an object centred at <0,0,0>

box{<-2,-1,-1>,<2,1,1>}

and a vector define by two points (V = P2 - P1). How we can rotate the object to
be along with the given vector?

My idea is to calculate the normalized vector of V, then calculate the arcsine
and arccosine for the corresponding axis.

However, I feel it is not the right way or at least an overkill. Seems like I've
missed my geometry class!