POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to check if three points are in line? : Re: How to check if three points are in line? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:46:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to check if three points are in line?
From: Kima
Date: 6 Jun 2020 07:35:01
Message: <web.5edb7f53e3705a85ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
> "Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > NO! How did I miss it? I re-checked the curved prism thread, but still, I
> > couldn't find it.
> >
> > How did you make it? I am very much interested in any alteration of prism :)
>
> You should visit more and post some renders of your work(s) in progress and
> completed projects.
>
> ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)     ;)
>

> It's a prism topped with an isosurface that blends from a polygon function to a
> sphere over a range in y.
>
> It took forever to get it right, and it's not exactly generally applicable.
>
> But that's the kind of shape you were looking for, right?

You're right, I should come more often, as subtle tricks are introduced here.

My projects are more for fun as a hobby. Thus, there is no straight line to
measure progress. So, I easily give up an idea and try another; but I frequently
check for emerging solutions for my older ideas :)

isosurface is very flexible, but I was unable to find a pragmatic way to match
it with prism. Theoretically, it is possible, as the points and curves of the
prim can be easily calculated through the underlying spline. Unless the prism
shape is geometrical to find a matching isosurface function.