POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Our turbulence distribution moves with omega. : Re: Our turbulence distribution moves with omega. Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Our turbulence distribution moves with omega.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 May 2020 14:05:01
Message: <web.5ecab7179f5cc729fb0b41570@news.povray.org>
> By adding functions like f_turb() I am making
> accessible what's not been, but that's just a piece of what is needed.

I'm this doesn't make things any easier to follow:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Warp#Turbulence
Turbulence
The turbulence pattern modifier is still supported for compatibility issues, but
it is better nowadays to use the warp turbulence feature, which does not have
turbulence's limitation in transformation order (turbulence is always applied
first, before any scale, translate or rotate, whatever the order you specify).
For a detailed discussion see Turbulence versus Turbulence Warp

The old-style turbulence is handled slightly differently when used with the
agate, marble, spiral1, spiral2, and wood textures."

I'm thinking that maybe with tools like Wolfram or ShaderToy that are capable of
doing very fast calculation and visualization, some POV-Ray functions can be
represented, and values can be adjusted with sliders.   Just to get the general
idea, and fast, interactive RT feedback