POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Comment on "How can I fix surface (im)perfections on my render?" : Comment on "How can I fix surface (im)perfections on my render?" Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:10:29 EDT (-0400)
  Comment on "How can I fix surface (im)perfections on my render?"
From: Newt
Date: 19 May 2020 05:10:00
Message: <web.5ec39fda6a514784a55574d00@news.povray.org>
Upper left: image in question
Upper right: similar issue on POV sample scene with 'error_bound' = 0.1
Lower left: 'error_bound' = 1.8 will smooth artifacts but has some funny
self-illumination going on
Lower right: 'error_bound' = 0.01 will work OK, after many more hours spent
rendering...
(All three cases use 'count' = 800)

So it's about balancing 'error_bound' vs. render time.
Note, if you use textures (pigment and normal maps), radiosity artifacts can
even add to some nice result.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'radiosity3_artifacts.jpg' (104 KB)

Preview of image 'radiosity3_artifacts.jpg'
radiosity3_artifacts.jpg