POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Light & Shadows : Re: Light & Shadows Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light & Shadows
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 24 Apr 2020 13:30:01
Message: <web.5ea321e11a336268afdd13e10@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> 3 months well spent!
>
> You really are the master of this kind of nature image, certainly what I
> inspired to achieve on my attempts but never had the skill and patience to
> achieve this level of detail.
>
> Glad you provided the extra large image and also the animals only version so I
> could zoom in and spot them. The one I still couldn't see was the Squirrel but I
> think even when you don't see/notice these they still add something to the
> image.
>
> great work as always.
>
> Sean

Hi Sean,

the squirrel was introduced in february after several previous relocations. But
a later tree needed for shadows hides it now.
Like other meshes I downloaded a free low polygon model without textures and
used the nice displacement feature of Poseray.
Displacement was used on all visible trees and several animals to prevent smooth
shadow borders.

Regarding skills - I envy your modeling and texturing skills since your late
IRTC entries and of course Povcomp. In comparison I'm only good at throwing
objects together in a more or less pleasing manner...

Hopefully we can see more new images from you.

Regards,
Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: