POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista : Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP REQUEST: Twisted Ropes of Ballista
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 2 Mar 2020 18:10:01
Message: <web.5e5d91615f4031dc2e40bb200@news.povray.org>
Hi BaldEagle,

nice hearing again from you, and thanks for yout time.

It is not quite a wraping around the cylinder that I need, it is several ropes
pushed sideways where the horizontal arm extends from the vertical cylinder.
This is something that I cannot do with my current level of POV-skills. I am,
actually, quite desperate and frustrated.   :-)

I believe it would be easier to use another render software with a WYSIWYG
editor, and simply visually push the individual ropes sideways, some more, some
less, some not. And then to export that object as mesh for POV-Ray. But I do not
have any other render software on this machine, and I am at the hospital
rightnow, data through mobile phone is expensive. Cannot downloaDo you know of
any way to achieve a solution for the rope problem? I imagine, the sphere-sweep
spline or other splines can be the solution, but I have no understanding of them
and always get bad results. I cannot control their directions die lack of
understanding.