POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Escher's House of Stairs : Re: Escher's House of Stairs Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Escher's House of Stairs
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 2 Mar 2020 09:30:00
Message: <web.5e5d17dbaf16c88e5d949c40@news.povray.org>
Bill P. > It's light filtering through the interstice between the rounded edges
of blocks (superellipsoid) perfectly aligned with the camera. One more row of
blocks fixed it everywhere else, but I forgot this place and was too tired/lazy
yesterday night after the "final" rendering. It's fixed now, thanks for pushing
me forward.

Anthony > I'm glad you think the light is coming from the outside, it's the
intended effect. Yes I'm using radiosity, which is enough, if properly set, to
illuminate the room. However I've added one low intensity light in each quarter
to get a little more out of the shadows. Also, I've post-processed a little bit
the overall contrast using Gimp as the rendered image looked a bit flat. Purely
aesthetic choices of mine, one could have gone another way.

Alain Martel, Jr, Thomas > Thanks.

Preparing some other views, stay tuned.