POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output file saving : output file saving Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:52:30 EDT (-0400)
  output file saving
From: GioSeregni
Date: 29 Feb 2020 15:10:01
Message: <web.5e5ac4759762bee72c923fbd0@news.povray.org>
Hi to all, thank for the add  to this group and excuse me for mybad english.
I am new in this forum, but I am a old user of POV-Ray (I remember the old dkb
....). 30 years ago (!) I starting my first parser, in lisp, from the AutoCAD
ambient (from the data base, at run time, no dxf needed...)
Now, for memory lack reasons, I have encountered an unpleasant problem. I am
unable to find the incomplete BMP/TGA file when when pov stops, for various
reasons.
I understand that the new Radiosity (excellent) does not allow the quite
prosecution of the job, but the question is different. The partial bmp was
useful for various reasons (use of the part, crash analysis ...).
Now I ask, is this option still possible? And if it is not possible, what is the
structure of the "state" file?
I would have no problem capturing the data, but knowing the structure it would
take less time to develop the tool.
Many thanks in advance and regards!
G.S.