POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About camera reference frame : About camera reference frame Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:58:05 EDT (-0400)
  About camera reference frame
From: Francescodario Cuzzocrea
Date: 13 Feb 2020 08:40:00
Message: <web.5e45510429aa81a5376b2b10@news.povray.org>
Hello !!

Today I was thinkering about camera reference frames and I had a little bit of
confusion.
Which three vectors define the frame of reference of the camera? I took as
granted that the z direction  was the one exiting from the camera, so the result
of the difference between the vectors "look_at" and "location". But in this way
the "right" and "up" directions (both defined or as default) are not
perpendicular to the z direction. So what is it? Are the right and up directions
(and the cross product of them) the reference frame of the camera (so the z
direction is not perpendicular to the image plane) or is it otherwise and the
right and up direction are not defining the camera reference frame?

Thanks in advance !!!!