POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : The '#box' directive doesn't give error at parse time : Re: The '#box' directive doesn't give error at parse time Server Time
17 Apr 2024 20:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The '#box' directive doesn't give error at parse time
From: jr
Date: 8 Feb 2020 09:05:01
Message: <web.5e3ebfd3a33f4caa451952ca0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> If you have an example which results in an actual error at parse time,
> I'd like to get it.
>
> I have a collection of parser test cases and I spent time yesterday
> capturing/creating parser test cases for these '#' variants. I didn't
> come up with anything that generated an actual parse error - or render
> problem - only the warnings above.

File 'be_error.pov' line 25: Possible Parse Error: Uncategorized error thrown at
 parser/symboltable.cpp line 157.
Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error.
Render failed

file 'be_error.pov':
----------<snip>----------
#version 3.8;

global_settings {assumed_gamma 1}

#if (0)
#macro AA()
  #local d_ = dictionary;
  #local d_.k  = 1;
  d_
#end
#else
#macro AA()
  #local k_ = 1;
dictionary {.k: k_}
#end
#end

#macro BB(dict_)
  #debug concat("key k = ",str(dict_.k,0,0),"\n")
#end

#macro CC()
  #local d_ = AA();
  BB(d_)