POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to use a bezier curve in cubic_spline? : Re: How to use a bezier curve in cubic_spline? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:35:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to use a bezier curve in cubic_spline?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Feb 2020 09:20:01
Message: <web.5e3588a4c348e93e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Kima" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> In cubic_spline, the beginning and end points are control points, which are
> similar to those of a bezier curve. If we take a bezier curve of a semi-circle
> with a set of

That won't work the way you expect, because POV-Ray doesn't do Bezier splines in
that section of its code.  IIRC, all Bezier splines are cubic splines, but not
all cubic splines are Bezier splines.

I spent a LONG time working with Bezier splines and bicubic patches, and you
usually have to write your own code to do what you want.

> but it does not work, because I have no mechanism for setting/adjusting the
> spline values.

Given your code, I don't exactly know what that means.

User Cousin Ricky has solved this problem for you.
See here:

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/index2.php?objectName=SphereSweep&contributorTag=Cousin%20Ricky

:)