POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to check if two objects have any intersection? : How to check if two objects have any intersection? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  How to check if two objects have any intersection?
From: Kima
Date: 30 Jan 2020 16:10:00
Message: <web.5e33452eb572e6a0ecc0fada0@news.povray.org>
I need an if statement to check if two objects have any intersection. I assumed
trace(a, b) should give false when there is no intersection, something like

 #if ( trace(a,b) )
 #else
 #end

but apparently, trace return a vector, when if statement needs a numeric
expression.

How can I check if two objects have any overlap in an if statement?