POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Any Palette : Re: Any Palette Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any Palette
From: Melody
Date: 21 Jan 2020 19:15:00
Message: <web.5e279174340f43599da690110@news.povray.org>
"Melody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Paolo Gibellini <p.g### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Melody wrote on 05/01/2020 08:49:
> > > random palettes on a random zoom.
> > > I wonder about random translations.
> > > what could be found, in how many misses ...
> > >

> > That looks promising, Melody.
> > Can you share the source?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >     Paolo
>
> HI Paolo!
> I did not see your request, I posted Mandelbrot TIA.
>
> The hue palette and color selection is created in script and sent to Mandelbrot
> plug-in. I think I posted everything. What did you want? I share everything to
> the collective benefit- my anti-dread therapy.

blending between colors a and b is not difficult:
v = b-a; // rgb // to realize the vector direction, imagine this b<-a when
subtracting.

n = 45; // steps
while (i < n) nextColor = (i/n) * v + a; // 0-1
( get b in there also, if it's the last color or you may want to continue with a
new color c<-b)

45 is a good number if the 2 colors are not too far apart. The gradient is
rather smooth at around 45, or consider the distance when deciding on nSteps.