POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HSL HSV colors.inc fopah : Re: HSL HSV colors.inc fopah Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:46:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HSL HSV colors.inc fopah
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 29 Dec 2019 12:35:01
Message: <web.5e08e286ffbdd8160e0cc3d0@news.povray.org>
> > Some more detailed information about what you are trying to tell us you
> > are involved in here would be highly appreciated. I have not a clue. :-)
>
> Right on.  What he said.
> Truly, I am thrilled to have someone like you here with so much ... energy.  :D
> But I'm left exasperated trying to parse and sort a rapid-fire string of 100
> stream-of-consciousness blurbs and snippets.  In 10 different threads.
>
> I have just smiled and left you to do what you're doing - all while pondering
> some diplomatic way to bring up and explain the - issue - and ask - nay, beg -
> that you have some mercy and _slow down_ and give a mere half dozen more words
> of explanation and context.

I'm on the Internet.  I'm used to letting things roll past me.

> I'm thinking that if you've uncovered some sort of bug in the hsv2rgb macro in
> colors.inc, then that would be an important find that I, Mike Horvath, clipka,
> and many others would be interested in seeing and understanding - and fixing.

What I'm getting is that the bug was in Melody's utility, and that the "fix"
mentioned in the OP is not for a bug in CHSV2RGB(), but for a desired change in
behavior of CH2RGB().

> As for mIRC.  I've only ever briefly used IRC, mostly in the distant past.
> Linux Mint has "Xchat" which is some sort of IRC channel reader / messaging app.
>  Will that do?
>
> As for Windows 10 - I would agree.  "It's a virus."  :D

I avoid Windblows of *any* flavor.  But I actually feel more comfortable with
Win10 than with Win7; Win7 was eating into my mental health, and was what
finally pushed me into GNU/Linux.