POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bad bathtub : Re: bad bathtub Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:03:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bad bathtub
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Dec 2019 21:30:01
Message: <web.5e041a3b9d8c40234eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> The first picture, ttbo1030, I don't get what that weird shadow is on
> the sides near the middle of the tub.

No idea.  Maybe look FROM that area TO the light and see what's there.

> The second pic, ttbo1040, I lower into the tub and the top of the tub
> gets all strange. It looks like the left wall is over the tub, and on
> the right side you can see white door under the top of the tub.

That almost looks to me like you differenced out a superellipsoid that's too
short and you have a very thin lip folding over the edge of the tub.
Can you visualize it by adding in the differenced SE with transparency or just
re-render it as a union (with different colored SE's)?

> Oh well, boxes and cylinders for me.
Or rounded_box objects in FL's shapesN.inc (which are the same thing, but in
macros ;) )

I had a look at your latest full movie.  There are a lot of impressive things
that catch my eye as a povver.

I'll leave the many good things for a different post - but there are a few blips
where maybe the whole frame is black when something overlaps the camera?  Can
you fix those with an insidedness test?  Maybe just write that frame number to a
file and use the one before or after, just to maintain timing with the audio?

Amazing work so far.   You've been at this for a LONG time, my man.  SO many
things going on in there.