POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? : Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Dec 2019 18:35:00
Message: <web.5deed852cce2d5d4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> ...when "developing" a scene, to have
> an ini with an unnamed section, with the "lo" quality settings for quick render,
> and a named section with settings for "final" render.

Yes, that of course makes sense.  There are all of the other options one can
write into the SDL as well (quick_color, etc)

> (laziness, I guess. forget command-line options, just 'pov38 myini')

I'm still transitioning from Win to Linux via QtPOV-Ray (gui).
Maybe at some point if I have enough uninterrupted free time _with_ peace of
mind, I'll get some of the proper command line stuff learned with official or hg
or WP's branch(es)

> btw, you did ask for a reminder re tangents/pulleys.  here's another.  ;-)

Why yes - and I didn't forget - just busy with - December.

I'm just gonna throw the extant file over in the other thread and you can see
what you can make of it.   Ping me with questions comments improvements, etc.
And make something.  :)