POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? : Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:36:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 3.8: Input_File_Name - where has it gone?
From: greytery
Date: 9 Dec 2019 13:25:01
Message: <web.5dee8f4acce2d5d5dfb0950@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
> > ini file works, don't use the switch (only used with scene files, aiui).  eg:
> >   $ povray myini
> regards, jr.

Thanks for quick reply.  Made me go back and check.  No it doesn't!!! - Oh. Yes
it does???

I have two scene files (part of the Anton Raves LEGO library). One works as
expected, just as you say - perfectly, beautifully - while another just does not
like the call without the +I switch, and even then ignores the .ini file.

At the moment I'm baffled - perhaps a version incompatibility. But cant do more
this week. Will update when I've got further.  Meanwhile..:

a) ignore this.

b) go play with the LEGO models at https://www.virtualbricks.nl/downloads.php
and be a kid this Christmas.

tery