POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cf alpha freeze : Re: cf alpha freeze Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:03:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cf alpha freeze
From: jr
Date: 4 Dec 2019 12:15:02
Message: <web.5de7e88ca76050e4feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > "using the pigment as shown, I get the single decal but the other texture has
> > turned transparent and the droid looks like a weird mix of glass and (white)
> > emissive media."
> > ... > > for this image I scaled the decal down to show the effect.  it looks like
much
> > of the 'finish{}' survives in 3.7.1, just not the colour.
> >

> That droid obviously have an interior that set an IOR. We see a fair
> amount of total internal reflection.

in the eye glass, the only other ior I found is used in the ground plane!
(unsure why)

> When applying a decal, you should layer it over some other texture.
> #declare textureWithDecal
> texture{SomeBaseTexture}
> texture{pigment{image_map png"Decal"once}}

thanks.  I opted (before reading your post) for a second, transparent cylinder
with the decal, and union'd with the body.  for now I haven't used a texture
keyword.  will have to play some more with different arrangements, perhaps
modify the Android code.

regards, jr.