POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 freezes : alpha.10064268 freezes Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  alpha.10064268 freezes
From: jr
Date: 2 Dec 2019 12:20:00
Message: <web.5de5468fe9831fc7feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

using alpha.10064268, dies with:

  Fatal error in renderer: Frontend halted render.

I'm trying to add a logo/decal to an Android model (version 4, POVCollection
#590224).

the code is taken from 'androidrobot_posed.pov', with minor modification, and
the error occurs when the pigment is uncommented.

when I reverse the order of the pigments, POV-Ray runs ok, but, of course, that
is no help.

regards, jr.

-----<snip>-----
#declare droid_ = union {
  object {

AndroidRobot_Posed(no,HeadRotate,LArmRotate,RArmRotate,LLegRotate,RLegRotate)
    pigment {ANDROIDROBOT_C_COLOR}
//    pigment {image_map {png "plate.png" once} scale .2}
    finish {
      reflection {.5 metallic}
      diffuse DIFFUSE * .5
      ambient C_AMBIENCE * .5