POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : local in macro : Re: local in macro Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:08:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: local in macro
From: jr
Date: 28 Nov 2019 14:15:01
Message: <web.5de01c568fffca17feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Not sure exactly what you're trying to do here, but try this and see if this
> helps explain anything.   I think Kenneth had some issues with this sort of
> thing too a while back.

my work-around for the issue will be (from now) to treat macro parameters as
read only.  confused by the documentation, I guess.  reading through the
language directives stuff (local vs declare, macros) I expect the local variable
('n_') to genuinely be local since the reassignment is a '#local' construct, but
it seems that it remains linked "by reference" regardless.  anyway, thanks for
the thought.

regards, jr.