POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SEVERE shadow problems with Blender POV renders?? Is anyone familiar with i= : Re: SEVERE shadow problems with Blender POV renders?? Is anyone familiar wi= Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SEVERE shadow problems with Blender POV renders?? Is anyone familiar wi=
From: jr
Date: 19 Nov 2019 07:30:01
Message: <web.5dd3dfbaf0a1c145feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"tmelram" <taj### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > > Sure, here you go:
> >
> > not sure of the cause, but changing the light_source makes for a smooth shadow
> > line, ie I did:
>
> Thanks, it worked!. But, it seems to have flipped the direction of the light.

yes.  I left out the transform.

> It's either upside-down,backwards, or both. I chose a simple sphere with one
> light just to test. But for a more complex scene it might help to know what
> exactly did you change to make it so that there wouldn't be any triangles. What
> did you do?

nothing else.

as Mr and B Pokorny have mentioned, perhaps use a "real" sphere, or, if there's
a need for the mesh2, try using 'smooth triangles' (see documentation on 'mesh2'
object).

sorry to be of little help, I do not use Blender.

> Also I found this article:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Knowledgebase:The_Shadow_Line_Artifact
>
> What do you think of it and the solutions?

depending on the scene you're working on, I think playing with 'shadowless' in
the lights, and or with 'no_shadow' object modifier, is definitely worth trying.

regards, jr.