POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to Apply Focal Blur on an Orthographic Projection : Re: Trying to Apply Focal Blur on an Orthographic Projection Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:41:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trying to Apply Focal Blur on an Orthographic Projection
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Nov 2019 13:40:01
Message: <web.5dcc4d9fc35fe2b54eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Drawliphant" <dra### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> This is great!

Glad you like  :)

> If I can't get focal blur working how I want it I can blur it
> with this. I'm pretty new so when people where talking about a blur plane I had
> no idea how to make that.

No worries.  Always just ask and someone can chime in at some point with an
explanation, a link, or some code.

> I'll try veeery small aperatures first then try this one

I don't really use focal blur - but when I took real photographs and developed
and printed real film and paper, the smaller the aperture, the more things were
in focus.   A greater depth of field.
So I'd tend to suggest the opposite - use a huge aperture, and look_at something
other than what you want to be out of focus.

Dan Byers just posted a great little animation - maybe poke him and ask him what
his secret is.   :)

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.5dcb2ab9d5e268cc44b457e10%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5dc
b2ab9d5e268cc44b457e10%40news.povray.org%3E