POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Improved bounding box by alignment via SVD : Re: Improved bounding box by alignment via SVD Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved bounding box by alignment via SVD
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Nov 2019 16:45:00
Message: <web.5dc9d60635e3eb74eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"JimT" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> If you have an SVD solver/generator coded in POVRay SDL, I wold very much like
> to see it,

I'm working towards that, at the moment, I'm trying to use various 3rd party SVD
tools to just get the V transpose matrix and apply that, but - the eigenvectors
I get aren't lining up properly with my ellipsoid data.

I need to learn if there are any pitfalls, tricks, checks, etc. so I can debug
what the problem is.   My current working theory is some mistake of mine
assigning the axes, or maybe the LH coordinate system...

So, I'm going to get a "real" SVD solver to do the work for the moment, then a
cpp script that maybe a POV-Ray .ini can call, and then maybe I can work out the
tricky bits in SDL.

I probably have a few more matrix macros to write - especially one that applies
a matrix transform to a pseudo-matrix array [m][n]{} - just to make my life
easier for certain tasks.