POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler : Re: povmodeler Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povmodeler
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Oct 2019 12:20:01
Message: <web.5db5c312f7e9e6524eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> > would be interested in some new UI that should lead to new features.
> >
> > So please give me some hint.

Yes.   I recently tried to install povmodeler, with no success.
It would be great if I had even a basic version that was easy to install on
linux Mint.  I tried to install kde - but that went nowhere fast.

> I removed the old version, which _claimed_ to be KDE-free, only a few weeks ago.
>  nevertheless, it would be good, perhaps, if you could write about your progress
> in the newsgroups, I'm sure there'll be some interest.

There are a lot of projects that make sporadic progress - either to address some
sort of "I wish I had a modeler to do this" issue, or to try to implement a
simple modeler for a handful of objects.
I'm halfway through the circle/tangent thing for prisms myself, and that may
still take some time before It's ready for use/abuse testing.

Please, by all means, get something installable and useable out to the community
- I get the feeling that there are a lot of people who lurk or use POV-Ray but
are not active participants in the forum.