POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Seeking complex prism advice : Re: Seeking complex prism advice Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seeking complex prism advice
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Oct 2019 14:10:01
Message: <web.5da60ac939eb184f4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> in news:web.5d98fe2acae70d394eec112d0@news.povray.org Bald Eagle wrote:
>
> > My initial instinct is to use a prism
>
> Can you draw it in inkscape and the export to POV-Ray?
>
> Ingo

There's the possibility of doing something like that - though I have yet to find
anything that does it as good as VISIO.

I can draw circles, specify exactly where to move the center of the circle to,
exactly what radius I want, .... same with rectangles and all manner of other
shapes.
I can modify lines to give me a line of length L at exactly angle A, and move
the starting point to exactly <x,y>.

Everything I've experimented with so far as a replacement for VISO has been ---
lacking, and/or extremely unintuitive.

I'd like to stay out of M$ & windoze, but right now, if I need to draw it, then
it's probably easier to just shut down and reboot into Win7 and use VISIO, and
then reboot into Linux Mint to then use the drawings.

Maybe after I do a thorough disk cleanup / backup I'll look into installing
WINE, but I'm not there yet.