POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : Re: sphere slicing problem Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:48:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere slicing problem
From: jr
Date: 15 Oct 2019 03:25:01
Message: <web.5da57361401c5809feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
good morning,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > I'd _love_ a trace()-like function which returns a colour (instead of a normal).
>
> That is called eval_pigment, Sir.

no, no, no!  not even close, I tried.

if you look at the macro in 'functions.inc' you'll see why, eval_pigment doesn't
"do" objects, all you get is a colour read from the pigment at the given
co-ordinate.  does not work for all pigments as you say (and I'd need it to work
on textures, anyway), and lighting is not taken into account either.

regards, jr.