POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : Re: sphere slicing problem Server Time
24 Apr 2024 16:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere slicing problem
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Oct 2019 19:20:00
Message: <web.5da50286401c58094eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,

> > "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > does not for me.  :-(  I get solid (filled) circles, not rings.
> > Sounds like that ex-post facto texturing lots of people would like...
>
> I'd _love_ a trace()-like function which returns a colour (instead of a normal).

That is called eval_pigment, Sir.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Functions.inc

Pre defined functions
eval_pigment(Pigm, Vect): This macro evaluates the color of a pigment at a
specific point. Some pigments require more information than simply a point,
slope pattern based pigments for example, and will not work with this macro.
However, most pigments will work fine.

Parameters:

Vect = The point at which to evaluate the pigment.
Pigm = The pigment to evaluate.