POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : sphere slicing problem Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:08:22 EDT (-0400)
  sphere slicing problem
From: jr
Date: 14 Oct 2019 07:10:01
Message: <web.5da4577ae1405251feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

I'm working on a macro which, given an object positioned at origin, a vertical
resolution, and a frame_number N, returns the Nth "slice", ie the intersection
of object and a (transparent) box.

when I scan a simple (red) sphere[*], the first few frames, and the last few
look exactly as expected, however, on the frames between more and more
information is missing, up to 100% in the middle.

puzzled, and no idea what the problem might be.

I've posted a zip with a set of example frames in povray.binaries.misc.

[*] lit by eight light at corners of imaginary cube, recorded with orthographic
camera positioned above.

regards, jr.