POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tangents with analytical geomtery : Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tangents with analytical geomtery
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Oct 2019 15:25:05
Message: <web.5da3799b21826f334eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> any chance of your fashioning an .inc file (with html usage/tutorial?!), looks
> really interesting + potentially useful.

Highly likely, since I think this is far superior to the "old" way.

I'm not sure there's going to be much of a tutorial - and I already have the
link to the source math in the macro.

I have to see about the special cases and how to handle them, and get the Bezier
spline points into a prism {} definition to at the very least get THAT far.

I also need to figure out how to tame the radius on my polygon equation - I may
just stick with something inelegant but gets the job done. (see attached)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'polarhexagon.png' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'polarhexagon.png'