POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CSG and matrix. : Re: CSG and matrix. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG and matrix.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Oct 2019 08:25:01
Message: <web.5d99dbf0891313784eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:

> Matrices are multiplied. How to manipulate an object using a matrix?

Back to matrices again.   :)

If you understand the basic functions of the different parts of the matrix, then
you can compose a composite matrix by - as you pointed out - multiplying the
matrices together.

But that is simply representing what happens when you apply one matrix after
another - sequentially.

So, recently in my camera angle research, I came across a thread that had some
nice SDL, and if I remember correctly (IIRC) you can therefore do something
like:

object {
     MyObject
     transform {
          matrix {} // first matrix transform
          matrix {} // second matrix transform
          matrix {} // third matrix transform
          ... etc.
     }
}

I just got up and have other things going on, but I think that due to the nature
of transforms and how they are applied to objects, you may have to invert the
order of the matrices that get applied, but maybe I'm confusing that with
something else that's closely related.

I hope that answers most of what you were asking - sorry if I missed anything.

{Also: someone had a question about using orthographic view in Blender}
see:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3Cweb.5d97ca568fd7f7baf8be68120%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5d97ca568fd
7f7baf8be68120%40news.povray.org%3E

Certainly we could all use more matrix scenes, macros, diagrams, examples,
tutorials, and perhaps even one day a distro include file with hardcore matrix
stuff - or implemented in source.