POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Edelweiss Seat WIP : Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Edelweiss Seat WIP
From: Ton
Date: 5 Oct 2019 03:50:00
Message: <web.5d984abe52e9f81d14300f20@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/%3Cweb.5c05ac0068e3c02c37e6c5840%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=425618

> I have to figure out how to install it, as I suck with config/make, etc.
I don't know how Mint Linux does its software, but make sure you the development
packages for QT and KDE, which include the header files in order to compile
everything. Eticre describes in the link how to do that, and I tried that today
with a fresh git clone, and that works.

> > Well halfway. I was born
> > lazy and the scale x * -1 for the other half.
>
> I do that all the time.   :D
>
> I need to take some diagrams and work out the shapes - can I "trace" in
> kpmodeler?   import/paste an image, scale it to a certain size, and get exact
> x/y coordinates if I want to make a prism or spline?
No, there is no trace, but kpovmodeler allows "raw povray" text, so you could
put a trace command. I've never tried that though.....

> Do you have a specific method of making a radius?  Sometimes the radius is
> specified, but the center of that circle ... isn't.  Which is why dragging a
> circle with the right diameter over to a WIP and then reading off the x,y
> coordinates makes things go so much faster.
To use a fancy word, empirical (trial and error).

Cheers
Ton.