POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay features suggestions : Re: PovRay features suggestions Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:09:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay features suggestions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Sep 2019 21:10:00
Message: <web.5d8d60fd6417acdd4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Ton" <ton### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> If all this stuff could be centralized on the povray website, that would be easy
> for the users. But of course a maintenance hell for the website people.

That depends on if it acts as just a mirror / backup / archive, or if it gets
something more done with it.

> And who
> will decide what goes in, or not? And how to organize it?

I'd probably suggest opening a few accounts of some sort and let a few of the
users admin their own versions.   That way there would be competition /
collaboration, and the people maintaining those lists could pick and choose what
they like.
They could also field requests from other users.   It has to be driven by some
sort of self-interest, otherwise it won't get done / maintained at all.

It would be nice if a few wiki accounts were opened up as well.

> The second one, learning Povray, goes for all software.

Indeed, and we're just bouncing ideas around about how to make learning our
favorite software easier and less frustrating.

Certainly your renders act as inspiration to want to know how to use POV-Ray and
do more with it.   :)