POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to create a particular object : Trying to create a particular object Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to create a particular object
From: David Kraics
Date: 25 Sep 2019 21:10:01
Message: <web.5d8c0f91b070c22db80758900@news.povray.org>
Hi there. Over the many years of playing with POVray, I have often tried to
recreate things that require a certain object. I want to go from a cylinder to a
cone, but I want it to be tapered in, rather than a straight cut into the angle
of the cone. Sort of like going from cylinder to half-sphere to cone. Does this
make sense? Maybe this helps to picture what I had in mind. Right now I want to
recreate a Navy submarine. The shape of the sub transits smoothly from a
cylinder to ending in a cone shape in the rear, without a sharp change in angle.
Anyone have any suggestions?