POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : verres1 file plus photons : verres1 file plus photons Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  verres1 file plus photons
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 25 Sep 2019 13:40:07
Message: <web.5d8ba617aa028214839d843b0@news.povray.org>
Recently I looked at old IRTC files - again.

One of my old favorites is "Verres1" made by Herve Martin back in 1997 for the
"Glass" IRTC round  http://oz.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/1997-02-28/verres1.jpg .

I translated the given source from Luxart 2.0 to Pov-Ray 3.7, which wasn't that
difficult.
But when adding photons, I got a far from perfect image.

Since the settings generate a 16 GB photon file, reducing spacing isn't an
option.
Is there a way to get rid of the blotchy artifacts?

I included the source -
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5d8ba2e7aa028214839d843b0%40news.povray.org%3E/

Regards,
Norbert Kern