POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in 'texture'" : Re: Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in'texture= Server Time
16 Apr 2024 08:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parsing error with Pov Ray addon for blender. "No matching } in'texture=
From: Mr
Date: 11 Sep 2019 09:50:01
Message: <web.5d78fa2a383465d316086ed00@news.povray.org>
> Op 10/09/2019 om 14:06 schreef William F Pokorny:
> > The SDL text posted is confusing to me. I doubt it's aligned well with
> > the error message. The texture_list keyword is used only within meshes(1).
> >

> As this is linked to Blender, I assume that the involved object is
> indeed a mesh.
>
> --
> Thomas

Indeed we used texture_list to assign different materials to different faces of
a mesh. that's the only way to support this former Blender feature (which might
no longer be available in Blender 2.8 afaik) This choice has led us to give up
the use of the POV-Ray material(texture+interior) wrapper as one object can have
only one interior while textures, on the other hand could be better modularized
and applied several at a time on one mesh object that way.

Here's a memo on guidelines for what we did :
https://archive.blender.org/wiki/index.php/Dev:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray/#texture_list