POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone : Re: Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone Server Time
18 Apr 2024 09:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recommendations on creating a spotlight with a visible cone
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Aug 2019 17:55:00
Message: <web.5d66f7a6fc99bc204eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Steve Anger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> That worked great. Thanks! There seems to be a bug in the media code that
> produced random bright pixels when reflective objects are used. The reflections
> were not that important to the scene so I removed them.

Well, it's media, which can be pretty complex to implement, and harder to debug.
Could be a bug, could be just one of those things....
But glad to hear that was just what you needed.

> It's been "many" years since I've worked with POV-Ray. I'm enjoying discovering
> all the new features.

Yeah - it's taken me a while to work through it all, and honestly, there's SO
much, that you just have to keep cycling through it all, otherwise you just
forget that there's even Feature X or Macro Y or Include file Z....

Friedrich Lohmueller [RIP] and Mike Williams' website are staples in my
reference collections, as are the drop-down Insert menu.

Hope your scenes are working out and giving you good results   :)

- Bill