POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to put image on one side of an object : Re: How to put image on one side of an object Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to put image on one side of an object
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Aug 2019 16:15:00
Message: <web.5d488d916a1acee94eec112d0@news.povray.org>
And

(1) since this appears to be a _fait accompli_ in 1998,
https://www.academia.edu/10284037/Surface_subdivision_for_generating_superquadrics
(2) it would be educational for many people to see the mechanism of how
uv-mapping is applied to a shape,
and
(3) isosurfaces and parametrics can be a real bear to even get to display
properly,

Perhaps we can open up a new thread on uv mapping Superquadrics, with a suitable
test scene in SDL, and a
pigment {function(x,y,z, RX, RY, RZ, E1, E2){Equation}}
can be defined to texture the surface of the object.

At the moment, I can't get the parametric to give me anything but a completely
black box even with an emissive red texture, and my isosurface doesn't even show
up :(

Ray->Shape Intersection          Tests       Succeeded  Percentage
Isosurface                      262203               0      0.00
Isosurface Container            262257          262257    100.00
Isosurface Cache                189211           32172     17.00