POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? : Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:36:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST: Macro fol Scaffold?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Jul 2019 06:20:01
Message: <web.5d3ec7e24ed4290e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <wrt### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a cylinder shape in my scene, but want to build a scaffold around
> it of triangles. Is there any macro or formula that can do that, with me
> specifying thickness of the scaffold poles and the size of the triangles?
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Easiest way would be to go around in a circle using r sin z and r cos x and make
a regular polygon.  Step up the side of the cylinder and zig-zag up from your
old polygon to where the new one will be.  Using an even number of sides will
make finding the radius and doing the zig-zags easier I think.

Once you get that worked out, you can likely back-calculate to how large the
triangles are and see if changing that will overcomplicate things.