POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Reconstructing full color pigment pattern : Re: Reconstructing full color pigment pattern Server Time
19 Apr 2024 22:58:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reconstructing full color pigment pattern
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Jul 2019 22:00:00
Message: <web.5d2e80f48425f2c54eec112d0@news.povray.org>
So last night, I'm thinking to myself, .oO( right about now is the time that TOK
usually steps in and hands you a solution that takes up 1 line of code.)

> > Is there a way to create a full-color pigment?
> (You could, for example look at the PigmentRGBFT() function.)

And there we go.  One line.

"Just average the pigments, Bill."

average.  7 characters,  :|

Anyway, I did work out that a function gives a scalar, _until_ you assign it a
color / pigment map.
Hopefully someday we will have functions that can directly return vector
results.

I worked out some things over in pbi, and your solution addresses the
shortcomings of that method.

I still have some things I'm going to play with - I would of course love to hear
some of your thoughts on pigments, warps, and anything I might have been
fiddling with.  :)

Thanks again so much - I always learn a lot, usually after a protracted
struggle.  ;)