POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps. : Re: POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:41:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jul 2019 17:25:01
Message: <web.5d2cef0b7bfcb4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> confused, is this a povray executable you're talking about?

Confused about your confusion.
You are correct - it's the experimental fork referenced in WP's link in the
initial post.

I'm also keenly interested in installing and experimenting with Jerome
Grimbert's HgPovRay38 fork, with all of the goodies he's implemented in that.

So, I just want to know that I'm doing the right thing[s] when trying to install
it, and not mucking up my OS directory with all sorts of cruft that doesn't
belong there, or doing something stupid whilst in sudo mode.

see:
https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/blob/hgpovray38/unix/install.txt
https://github.com/LeForgeron/povray/blob/hgpovray38/unix/README.md
https://bitbucket.org/LeForgeron/povray/wiki/Compilation

And if there's a way I can start playing with some source code and trying to
compile my OWN fork, as a learning experience, then that would be super cool as
well.