POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Feature request: Rotation warp : Feature request: Rotation warp Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:20:46 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request: Rotation warp
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Jul 2019 22:20:01
Message: <web.5d2be21160d36afa4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
So, I was trying to puzzle out how to texture the rotated and twisted pigment
function isosurfaces I've been working on, and it became clear that there's no
way to continually rotate a pigment pattern around an axis as a function of that
abscissa.

To my knowledge there is currently no way to do this to a pigment.

Attached is a simple illustration of a cylinder textured with such a warped
pigment (hexagon).

This was done by taking intersections of the cylinder and thin discs, that were
textured with a progressively rotated version of the pigment and stacked.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pigment{} rotation warp.png' (130 KB)

Preview of image 'pigment{} rotation warp.png'
pigment{} rotation warp.png