POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vortex pattern : Re: Vortex pattern Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:50:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vortex pattern
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Jul 2019 20:55:00
Message: <web.5d2bcedc3717ac604eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> can this be used to make a "twister" (ie tornado)?  v nice.

Sir, here at news.povray.org, we are always happy to receive your requests and
provide exactly these types of much anticipated solutions to highly desired
raytracing pattern problems.

I played around a bit in LibreOffice (for way too long), trying to add a bit of
pizzazz to my otherwise uninspiring YFalloff equation.

Using a _variable_ exponent, along with adding in a small constant in order to
keep the funnel above a certain minimum size was just the ticket.

I literally JUST got done coding this one up.   :)

Might be another one on the way to better illustrate the twister.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'documentationfigures.png' (131 KB)

Preview of image 'documentationfigures.png'
documentationfigures.png