POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About Raytracing : Re: About Raytracing Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About Raytracing
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Jul 2019 06:20:01
Message: <web.5d285e654548e5524eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"scorp08" <ozo### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Is eval_pigment() used for colors only?

Yes.
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Functions.inc
Pre defined functions
eval_pigment(Pigm, Vect): This macro evaluates the color of a pigment at a
specific point. Some pigments require more information than simply a point,
slope pattern based pigments for example, and will not work with this macro.
However, most pigments will work fine.

Parameters:

Vect = The point at which to evaluate the pigment.
Pigm = The pigment to evaluate.

> because I want to give names to the stl
> or step objects then , I will start shooting to get thickness, intersection
> points (coordinates) and names of objects
> Is it possible ?

Right, which is why I laid out the scheme to do everything stepwise - you can
only do what POV-Ray can do - everything else has to be structured to take that
into account.