POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : array mixed crashes in parser : Re: array mixed crashes in parser Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: array mixed crashes in parser
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Jul 2019 20:55:00
Message: <web.5d2688ab3c87cc694eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"TreeLimb Jim" <all### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> During initial scene development I had complex sets of (single-type) arrays
> which became a nightmare to extend.

Are you aware of:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.tutorials/thread/%3C3f13449b$1@news.povray.org%3E/

Not sure if that helps at all.

> I'd also be glad to create a mixed array and then initialize a dictionary
> element. That'll help debugging but not in the spirit of the outcome. It may
> soon be.
>

> > 3) those internal array declarations don't look right to me
>
> I'm not sure what you are referring to as 'internal' array declarations. I'll
> discuss the composition of this complex data type in a later posting.

IIRC, it looked like you were trying to declare a dictionary, composed of
arrays, that had elements, all in one go.

I was just looking at the syntax of the array declarations, and they didn't
strike me as "properly formed", but it was hard to puzzle out that little
snippet.

No worries - if what you have is working for you, then carry on!   :)