POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Martian air/space defense installation : Re: Martian air/space defense installation Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:41:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian air/space defense installation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Jun 2019 17:45:00
Message: <web.5d0172009ec211ca4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Hj. Malthaner" <han### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:

> 800-some frames. Most of the models I had made for prior projects
> already. So the biggest task was to make the cannons aim properly. Once
> I had to learn all that math, but meanwhile I had forgotten quite a lot
> again ...

Well that's not too bad...
I hear ya on the math - I've been there many many times myself.

> I still can't get the math right for predicted fire if the target move
> across rather than towards the fortress.

I'm sure it's nothing we haven't solved before.   Post your issue.  We provide
the counseling, you provide your own medication ;)

> I also need to look into video editing and how add a soundtrack to the
> animation. So next step will be to find an easy to use and still
> powerful video editor for Linux.

I had great success with Audacity.  I was able to do a pretty good animation of
the Hellraiser box with some sound effects.   My Linux Mint software manager
shows that it's available, so maybe give it a go and see what you think.