POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tetrahedral planetoid : Re: Tetrahedral planetoid Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:48:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tetrahedral planetoid
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Jun 2019 13:10:00
Message: <web.5d0130f17edc39d71b6c6b3a0@news.povray.org>
> Also, a night scene would be pretty cool.

Aha, yes could be good. I'd need many lights though, which could be problematic.
Moonlight perhaps.

> Does this orbit a trefoil sun?  ;)

hehe

> What about an Earth-Air-Fire-Water theme instead of 4 water pools?  Mountain,
> mist, volcano/fiery sinkhole, pool....

I'm thinking a water sphere linked under the edges, maybe with small rocky
island at the centres of each.

As as to cloud cover, I wondered about that, but I'm reluctant to embark upon
extensive media odysseys... if I can't do something cunning with regular
transparent textures I might not bother!

Bill