POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Hampshire Heightfield WIP : Re: New Hampshire Heightfield WIP Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Hampshire Heightfield WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Jun 2019 13:25:02
Message: <web.5cf557336f1f4f074eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Hey Yadgar,

I got my elevation data from here:

https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper/#2/-0.2/0.4

SUPER convenient.

It definitely occurred to me that using the satellite photo as an
object-placement map would be the way to go.   I've never done a scene that way
yet, and I really don't have much experience getting any of the plant-generators
to work very well.

But it's on the list.

I've been eyeing up the photogrammetry stuff for a while now, and I think that
would a great POV-Ray module to develop - it would almost be "just" an extension
of the screen object placement macro.

If you have any links to photogrammetry tools, that would be fan-tastic.