POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Brick wall and spotlights : Re: Brick wall and spotlights Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick wall and spotlights
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 May 2019 17:45:00
Message: <web.5cedabd171445efa4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
> Here is my wall so far. I like the fact that the bricks are irregular.
> However, the edges of each brick is still too sharp. If I could soften
> the edges and corners, that would be great.
>

> Michael

Well, if you want them more irregular, your f_wrinkles value needs to get
multiplied - 1.2 - 2 looks good.

Or you could use a round_box object for the bricks and subtract a single
translated wavy isosurface from its face and edges.
That would probably be MUCH faster than calculating all those isosurfaces.
Creating a mesh or a heightfield to do it would be faster still.