POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : colors from images : Re: colors from images Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: colors from images
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 13 May 2019 14:35:01
Message: <web.5cd9b8a3b81912f83c1c78400@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> A color statistics visualization - very intriguing! A few years ago, I
> started to program in C++ a command-line image processor (yip, "Yadgar's
> Image Processor"), which, besides classic computer retro graphics
> filters (see the Max Canada Lynx adaptions on my YouTube, also is meant
> to do such displays, even for entire videos... currently, it's somewhat
> on halt as I intend to re-write the whole thing in C rather than C++.

Sounds nice - can it be implemented in povray? ;-)

> about two complementary colors (albeit not complementary in RGB color
> space)...
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Orange-Teal look is a color-grading effect to emphasize blue colors in shadows
and orange colors at highlights. It can enhance an mediocre image a lot, if
applied carefully.
Here is a typical example -
http://server.felixhuesken.de/lgg_orangeteal/orange-teal_blockbuster_look_jurassicworld_color_grading.png
..